- 67% of consumers consider clear, detailed images to be very important and carry even more weight than the product information, full description, and customer ratings (MDG Advertising)
2) Provide LARGE Visuals
Large visuals equals more engagement. Would you rather book at a room that provides small photos? Or book a room at a hotel that provides large images? Clearly, the second choice. Providing large visuals is engagement bait because it captures our attention easier. Grab your audiences’ attention with visuals!
- Larger images increased sales by 46% (Visual Web Optimizer)
3) Update Your Visuals
When it comes to providing visual content, consistency is key. By providing up to date photos, your guests will not be disappointed by the inconsistency that out of date photos provide. With the rapid pace of technology, your out of date photos will look poor next to your competitor’s up to date photos. Have a professional shoot your beautiful property, it’s worth the amount of bookings you’ll receive.
- Professional hotel visuals were sought out much more frequently than visuals provided by users (Cornell, Eye Tracking Study 2014)
4) Differentiate Your Content
In order to get the maximum amount of engagement, hoteliers have to provide different types of visual content. Include videos and 360 tours in order to keep prospective guests on your page. Using videos and 360 tours will give you a competitive advantage and provides a comprehensive view of your property. Make guests feel more confident in their booking choice by providing rich media.
- Hotels with a virtual tour achieved 135% increase in online revenue amounting to $7,200 per hotel per month over those without a virtual tour (IPIX)
5) Get Social
Social media sites and visual content goes hand in hand. Guests love to post, share and tag content of their travel excursions. Promote this user generated content in addition to your own professional content. Different users sharing, commenting and liking your posts will organically increase your brand awareness, engagement and inspires the dream stage of travel. Sounds like a win, win, win to me.
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content photos and videos saw a 65% increase in engagement (Simply Measured)
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS