Visual assets are one of the top influences on online conversion, especially when talking about the travel industry. When it comes to selling travel online, consumers want to see what they are getting. The travel industry is well aware of this, as presented in the new report by The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association (HSMAI,) “The Lifecycle of Visual Assets in Hospitality and Travel.” The report features data gathered by surveying 210 hospitality professionals and further explains trends relating to visual assets in hospitality and travel:
1. Of those surveyed, 86% reported that the volume of new images and video combined has increased in the last year.
2. Thirty-two percent of those surveyed invest more than $50,000 in visual assets annually.
3. Hospitality and travel brands are using visuals for a wide range of purposes, the highest being website use (96%.)
4. User-generated content (47%) and social media influencers (38%) are a growing source of visual assets and hot topics in the travel industry.
5. Forty-eight percent of travel organizations have massive visual media collections consisting of over 1,000 images.
6. Sixty-three percent of travel organizations rely on a folder structure to search photos and rich media. This shows that more teams are in need of a flexible and reliable organizational system for their visual assets (learn about IcePortal’s DigitICE Library.)
7. Seventy-two percent of respondents said the frequency to access their organization’s visual assets has increased in the past year.
8. Ninety-three percent of respondents use images and video on social media.
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS