Twitter is a great way to interact with guests staying at, or potentially staying at your property. It gives hotels the opportunity to market themselves and provide customer service all in one place, making it an important piece of your social media strategy. Here are some tips for hotel marketers to follow when using Twitter:
1. Be sure to have a solid bio. You only have 160 characters, so choose wisely what you include – location, keywords and something unique to catch people’s eye.
2. Follow relevant accounts. Local restaurants and attractions are great accounts to follow because they can provide relevant content for you to Retweet onto your own page. Likewise, you may find that other accounts nearby you are sharing your content.
3. Tweet using photos/rich media. Content like this is less likely to be looked over and more likely to be retweeted.
4. Use branded hashtags in your tweets. Keep these consistent with hashtags you use on Instagram and make sure it is unique to your hotel (provide example.) Encourage your followers to use this tweet when posting about your hotel and be sure to Retweet or respond to fun content posted by guests!
5. Provide customer service. Consumers often go to social media to complain about a negative experience. Use this opportunity to provide them with customer service and show others on the platform that your establishment cares about its guests.
6. Pay attention to what people are saying about your hotel and join the conversation. Engaging with guests and potential guests will remain in their minds when it comes to booking.
7. Experiment with different types of posts and see what your audience is receptive to and what provokes the most engagement.
8. Last but not least, do not protect your tweets! Having your tweets protected allows only those that you approve to see your content, including those browsing through tweets that all contain a particular hastag.
Following these tips and always mixing it up and trying new things will help hotel marketers to figure out the perfect Twitter strategy for their hotel. If you ever need ideas, browse through other hotel Twitter pages for inspiration!
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS