A quickly emerging trend in the travel industry is using VR (virtual reality) to explore destinations, accommodations and other options available to consumers planning a trip. New research from YuMe goes deeper into consumer interest in VR and 360-degree videos and tells us how they feel about using them before purchasing. These are some interesting statistics from their findings:
• 48% of survey respondents said they would use virtual reality for previewing a resort or cruise
• 41% want brands to offer VR and 360 video experiences so they can demo something before buying it
• 27% want brands to offer VR and 360 videos to check out events and experiences
• 23% would like brands to offer VR and 360 videos for rewards and discounts
• 60% said brands using VR creates a positive view of them
• 58% would like to see more 360-degree video content online
• 54% find themselves paying more attention when video is 360-degree
Investing in VR and 360 video is something that many types of travel companies (hotels, resorts, tour operators, etc.) should start to consider if they have not already. Using these forms of media can lead to increased engagement, loyalty and bookings.
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS