Hotels and resorts can attract the growing Asian tourism market by making travel easier for this tourist group. Travel guides, that can be accessed on mobile devices, allows people that travel feel secure in the knowledge they have about the country they are visiting. In the travel guides, hotels and resorts can include information that helps travelers plan their journey and customize that information to their tastes and interests. Some examples of information that should be in a travel guide include accommodation choices, tourist attractions, and shopping destination information as well as food and nightlife options. Entering a vacation while being armed with information about local attractions allows Asian tourists the chance to make maximum use of their vacation time to achieve their travel goals.
What are the Top 5 Reasons People Travel
Here are the top 5 reasons people travel:
- Food and Drink – Both North Asian and Southeast Asian tourists recently listed food and drink as their top reason for travel as they like to visit the best restaurants in the world.
- Nature – Many travelers want to unplug and enjoy the beauty of nature without the distractions of technology.
- Culture – The culture of a city is defined as the aspects of life in the specific city that are considered to be enjoyable to residents and tourists.
- Landmarks – The landmarks of a country are what people identify with the area and make them want to visit. Examples include the Empire State Building, the Hollywood sign, and the Grand Canyon.
- Beaches – Everybody wants to experience beach life at some point in their lives. Beaches allow travelers to relax in the water and spend a day sipping beverages and getting a tan.
How to use Visual Content to Entice Travelers
Hotels and resorts have learned that visual content gets the attention of potential guests and is often the deciding factor in getting them to book a room. Visual content helps to set the mood of the property and gives guests a clear idea of what they can expect during their stay. The visual content can showcase such elements of the property as the rooms, spa area, restaurants, and even the lobby. In addition, visual content can give guests a glimpse of the activities in the area surrounding the hotel. Activities and amenities are just as important to guests as their room. Hotels and resorts should keep this in mind when creating compelling visual content to attract the attention of guests.
Distribution, like politics, is powerful locally
Like travelers elsewhere, Asian consumers find hotels, resorts and vacation rentals via Online Travel Agencies. Unlike tourists in the United States or Europe, Asian tourists have numerous OTAs specific to their language and region. Hotels and alternative lodging establishments should connect with dozens of China-specific OTAs such as Ctrip, Fliggy, Elong, and Meituan. Out of Japan, vacation rentals and hotels can partner with HIS Japan while, out of Malaysia, a good distributor to partner with is Malindo Holidays. If connecting to all of these international OTAs is a struggle, reach out to a visual distribution company that has visual API connections already in place as they may be able to reach other large countries like Germany, India, and Mexico.