Hotel marketing is used by hotels and vacation rental properties around the world to share travel content, such as high-quality hotel visuals, to reach their intended travel audience. Hotel marketing works to make a hotel as appealing as possible to potential guests and entice them to book a stay at the hotel property. The goal of hotel marketing is to attract the attention of guests and make them want to learn more about a property. The hotel visuals can include pictures of the available rooms, the amenities available to guests and even the activities that guests can enjoy in the area surrounding the hotel. When the travel content is created with the needs of the travel audience in mind, hotel marketing will successfully convert potential guests to confirmed bookings.
Identify and Target Your Travel Audience
Successful hotel marketing efforts require identifying and targeting your travel audience through programmatic advertising:
- Display advertising is currently used to target individual travelers on the websites they are viewing
- The users searching for a hotel are identified after visiting your branded website, or a relevant OTA website, and cookies are used to keep track of the preferences or activities of a website visitor
- Hotel marketing teams bid for impressions on other websites visited by potential hotel guests and display ads on the other (non-hotel) websites they visit
- Retargeting is often needed to continue to make bids on impressions that get potential guests to visit your website since they often do not convert to booked guests on their first site visit
- Programmatic advertising inspires travelers to visit your website by using their own browsing history to reach these potential guests
Create Compelling Travel Content with Storytelling
Compelling travel content is more than simply sharing hotel visuals of your property. Hotel marketing provides: informative and authentic storytelling, answers the questions travelers have about a property AND inspires them to share what they have learned with others. Studies show that 67% of travelers are more likely to book a property if the travel brand gives the travel audience information that is relevant to the destination they are interested in visiting. Compelling travel content includes calls to action that ask travelers to “learn more” or “click for more info” so they will want to gather informative and engaging content. This is an important step in moving potential guests from the “information phase” to being booked guests.
Utilize Enticing Hotel Visuals & Distribution
Enticing hotel visuals and distribution, using a content management system (CMS), delivers high-quality hotel visuals to thousands of channels (including OTAs, search and GDS) to engage travelers and make them want to learn more about a hotel property. Hotel visuals give the travel audience an in-depth look at the amenities available to them when they book the hotel. Hotel marketing with these engaging visuals makes guests feel like they are not walking into an unknown situation, since they have already viewed the property and have a better idea about the atmosphere and benefits of staying at the location.
When followed correctly, hotel marketing gives properties an advantage in attracting both new and repeat guests.