Have you ever booked a hotel room where the property has low quality imagery, or -ever worse- no images at all? Probably not… Just like you, chances are nobody else will finalize that booking!
As you may know, 65% of individuals are visual learners (Skyrocket), so why would a hotel listing not provide the one thing that can make or break the final step towards booking the accommodation?
So, why are images so important? Well, the Hudson Crossing fielded a survey last year where it states that 7% of US hotel guests stopped short of booking a reservation because of inadequate or insufficient visual content.
Today, we want to educate you (or remind you) of why visual content drives the travel industry. Here are some statistics that may encourage you, whether you’re a hotel or a booking site, to pursue better-looking images, and of higher quality:
- 94% more total views on average are attracted by content containing compelling images than content without images (Heidi Cohen)
- Properties with more than 20 photos get 150% more engagement (TripAdvisor)
- Professional photos are used during travel shopping by almost 50% of US online travel shoppers (PhoCusWright’s “Consumer Travel Report – 4th edition).
- When planning a trip online, 75% of US hotel guests said photography is somewhat/very important (Hudson Crossing survey fielded in Q1 2013)
- Pictures/images of the place are among the top 3 features travelers look for when doing initial research (Google: The 2013 Traveler)
We’ve been hearing for a while that content is king… Well, images are within the top pieces of content people want to see. Make sure you provide what your viewers so desperately crave. After all, giving them poor quality photos can only harm your brand.
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!