Video marketing is rising in popularity across most industries, especially the travel and hospitality industry. To be specific, 65% of travelers use video when thinking about taking a trip (Think with Google). Travel video content is consumed tremendously on Facebook. This is true considering the popularity of the platform amongst consumers across the globe. Promoting your hotel with Facebook video is a must these days. These statistics can help marketers understand what videos can do for them and what consumers are looking for.
• People are five times more likely to watch video daily on a smartphone than on desktop (Facebook). This means your video content must be mobile-friendly to reach the largest audience.
• Twenty percent of Facebook Videos are Live Streams (Facebook) and live videos are watched three times longer (Facebook Newsroom). This is good information and stresses the importance of using live video in your Facebook marketing strategy.
• Eight-five percent of Facebook users watch videos with the sound off (Digiday). Additionally, 80% of users are annoyed when videos auto-play sound and it gives them a negative impression of your brand (Facebook Business).Therefore, the sound in your videos should be set to be turned on manually.
• Captioned video ads can increase video view time by an average of 12% (Facebook Business).
• Your video ads value is attained in the first three seconds (Facebook Business). When promoting your hotel with Facebook video make sure the introduction of your video is compelling and entices the consumer to watch more.
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!