As you may know, people are becoming less patient when it comes to reading. They want to get the most relevant and informative facts within a quick scan if possible. If you’re a big and recognized brand, they might be willing to go through huge chunks of text because they know what you have to say is probably interesting. Nonetheless, it’s still important know what your audience is looking for when they’re in the look-out for great content. You might already know what type of information you must include to generate ‘great’ content, but that doesn’t always mean that it will be read. Below we point out what should be included in a piece of content in order to make it GREAT and readable! This is the anatomy of what awesome/bookmarkable/incredible content should look like.
1. A GREAT headline: According to Copyblogger, 8 out of 10 people will read headline copy, but only 2 out of 10 will read the rest. This represents the power that relies within your content’s headline. If it’s necessary, spend as much time writing the perfect headline as you did writing the body of your content. This is the deciding factor that will make your audience want to click on your content, or just ignore it.
2. Relevant, Informative, Concise, Digestible, and Easy to Scan Content: It’s important to keep a balance between the amount of relevant and informative content you want to share, and the way it is presented. Only 16% of people read web sites word by word (Nielsen Norman Group). In the body of your content, use bullet points to facilitate its reading. These also force you to write short sentences, thus capturing your main idea in just a few words. Also use different fonts, font sizes, bold or italics to highlight what you want to communicate.
3.Visual: We all know why visuals are great when it comes to content. Just think of the times you’ve been more attracted to reading something that has cool pictures and pretty graphics in it. It’s enticing and engaging, and also leverages the contents’ digestibility 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text (Zabisco). Nothing more to say.
4. Call-to-Action (CTA): Without a CTA’s, people just read what you have to say and move on. Give them a reason to stick around and read your other blogs by adding calls-to-action in your contents.
5. Findable: Remember to always load-up your content with powerful SEO’s in order to make it findable on the web.
6. Shareable: Make it easy for people to share your content with others with just one click by adding Social Media buttons. Remember social media is the easiest way of making content viral and increases its exposure. Additionally, anything that is shared on Google+ has better chances of being found than any other social media channel because they are efficiently indexed, thus rank better in page results.
Liked this blog but don’t know how to start getting into Content Marketing? Check out the ultimate checklist we created on how to start with content marketing the right way!
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute rich media content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!