The mobile hotel booking rate is (and has been) increasing across the globe. In addition to investing in a mobile-friendly website, hoteliers should also consider offering mobile apps. Apps can extend your brand recognition and increase guest loyalty and direct bookings. These tips will help you to get the best ROI on your hotel mobile app:
• First and foremost, keep it simple. In order for travelers to want use your app, it must be intuitive and straightforward. When testing your app, be sure that people with a non-technical background are included in order to determine where users might get confused.
• Be sure it is designed for use across different devices (phones, tablets, etc.) to be used by as wide of an audience as possible. Additionally, make sure your design is appealing across all devices, or, adjust your design by device.
• Allow users to share information from your app to other apps (like social networks or email services.) This will make for a more convenient user experience.
• Although it is important to collect consumer data through your app, don’t implement too much software that will slow it down or cause it to crash.
• Keep up-to-date with what’s new and utilize the latest features. This will increase loyalty and help to build and maintain credibility for your hotel.
• Use analytics to see what’s working and what’s not. This can help you troubleshoot issues consumers may be having and adjust them accordingly.
As booking via mobile app continues to increase in popularity, hoteliers should focus on maintaining a strong mobile app (or creating one if they have not already.) Doing this can keep your hotel abreast of your competition and increase bookings!
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!
Let us contact you to get a FREE ROI ANALYSIS