Through each of these stages many things can happen that can change our perception of things, people and/or travel… but there is one thing they all have in common, and that is visuals.
The power of imagery is involved through every aspect of our travel, whether we notice it or not. They allow us to change our minds, make a decision, engrave our precious travel moments, and even share them with the world.
Below I compiled pretty interesting stats on how visual content is present in all of these stages, and how travelers make use of them! Don’t ignore the benefits your hotels visuals have over the modern traveler.
DREAM ABOUT TRAVEL
- Travelers exposed on Facebook are 61% more likely to perform a travel image search
- 66% of business travelers were inspired to think about planning a vacation after watching a travel video
- 64% of leisure travelers watch travel video when thinking about a trip
- 48% of travelers watched a travel-related video through their tablets
- Travel image search rises steadily in the 5 weeks before travel purchase
- Hotel buyers are 2X more likely to search for travel images in the week before purchase
- Hotel buyers look at pictures/images as the second most sought content looked at when researching destinations (40%)
- Pictures/images of the travel destination fall under the 5th place of type of information accessed through mobiles (29%)
- When planning a trip online, 75% of US hotel guests said photography is somewhat/very important
- Properties with more than 20 photos get 150% more engagement
- Professional photos are used during travel shopping by almost 50% of US online travel shoppers
- 92% of travelers are more likely to book with accommodations that post a detailed property description and photos
- Amongst the top five uses of mobiles while traveling, taking photos ranks in #1
- 72% of travelers post vacation photos on a social network while still on vacation
- 76% of travelers post vacation photos to social networks when a trip is over
- After getting home, 45% of travelers said their used their mobiles to post photos on social networking websites/apps
- When posting videos on social networks, 62% of travelers used their laptops
- 53% of leisure travelers say they share pictures of their vacations online
– “Five advanced tips to help hotels attract guests via the web” (2012) | Tnooz
– Consumer Travel Report – 4th edition | PhoCusWright
– “How much do images increase engagement, let alone sales conversion?” | Optimiser
– Hudson Crossing survey fielded in Q1 2013
– Travel Content Journey (2013) | Expedia Media Solutions and comScore
– Google Travel Study (May-June 2013) | Ipsos Media CT and Google
– “2012 & 2013 social media and tourism industry statistics” (updated 2014) | Stikky Media
IcePortal helps clients manage and distribute visual content to over 11 million unique visitors a month on 1,000s of travel and local websites around the globe in nine languages. To know more about us visit our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+; visit ICEPortal, or give us a call at (+1)954-893-6778. We would love to hear from you!